1. Do You Wanna Dance
2. Good To My Baby
3. Don't Hurt My Little Sister
4. When I Grow Up 9To Be A Man)
5. Help Me, Ronda (Lp Version)
6. Dance, Dance,Dance
7. Please Let Me Wonder
8. I'm So Young
9. Kiss Me Baby
10. She Knows Me Too Well
11. In The Back Of My Mind
12. Bull Sessions With "Big Daddy"
13. The Girl From New York City
14. Amusemant Parks U.S.A
15. Then I Kissed Her
16. Salt Lake City
17. Girl Don't Tell Me
18. Help Me, Rhonda (Single Record Version)
19. California Girls
20. Let Him Run Wild
21. You're So Good To Me
22. Summer Means New Love
23. I'm Bugged At My Ol'man
24. And Your Dreams Come True
- 2 LPs on 1 CD: THE BEACH BOYS TODAY (1965)/SUMMER DAYS (AND SUMMER NIGHTS!!) (1965).
- The Beach Boys: Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Dennis Wilson, Al Jardine.
- Producer: Brian Wilson.
- Reissue producer: Mark Linett.
- Recorded at Western Recording Studios, Gold Star Studios, CBS Studios & Universal/Radio Recorders Studios, Hollywood, California & Columbia Recording Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Originally released on Capitol (2269/2354).
- Includes liner notes by David Leaf, Mark Linett & Dick Clark.
- Digitally remastered using HDCD technology.
- Audio Mixer: Mark Linett.
- Liner Note Author: David Leaf.
- Recording information: CBS Studios, Hollywood, CA; Columbia Recording Studios, Nashville, TN; Gold Star Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA; Radio Recorders Studios, Hollywood, CA; Universal; Western Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
- This single-disc bootleg compiles pseudo-stereo mixes of the Beach Boys Today! and Summer Days (And Summer Nights)!! albums, as well as ten additional bonus tracks. These recordings are not true stereo versions, but rather crudely mixed copies of the unbalanced master. Although the remixes would be ideal, Beach Boys enthusiasts will undoubtedly find plenty to enjoy, and the flawless sonics likewise make it a pleasure to listen to. Both Beach Boys Today! and Summer Days (And Summer Nights)!! are considered vital precursors to Brian Wilson's pop magnum opus, Pet Sounds. Indeed the groundwork for that album is unmistakably heard on tracks such as "Please Let Me Wonder," "Kiss Me Baby," "She Knows Me Too Well," "Girl Don't Tell Me," and "Let Him Run Wild." By presenting these tracks in a faux stereo, enthusiasts are able to sonically pick apart Wilson's complex musical arrangements and even more Byzantine vocal harmonies. Unlike the Unsurpassed Masters series -- from which these tracks were gleaned -- there are no multiple takes presented here. However a few "track" (read: instrumental) versions are included. Of particular note is the non-Beach Boys "Guess I'm Dumb," which Wilson wrote and produced for Glen Campbell. Perhaps foreshadowing the difficulties that Smile would present a few years later, "Three Blind Mice" is a stunningly orchestrated instrumental about which little is known, other than it was recorded during a session that Brian Wilson produced for Dick Reynolds. Clocking in at less than a minute, this is a perfect example of how Brian Wilson was tormented by creating beautiful pop music and having no logistical outlet for it. Luckily, at least some of it was documented. This release is the final entry in the Sea of Tunes bootleg catalog. Although conjecture remains as to whether more titles from the label were in the pipeline, changes within the copyright laws effectively shut down many Singapore-based labels. ~ Lindsay Planer
Q (5/01, p.129) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...These records are as unvaried as brilliance can be, but not one song here will make anyone unhappy..."