1. Lola Stars And Stripes
2. Gender Bombs
3. Changes Are No Good
4. Love And Death
5. Of Montreal
6. Ready For It
7. Let's Roll
8. Allison Krausse
9. Animals + Insects
10. Still In Love Song
12. Yesterday Never Tomorrows
- The Stills: Dave Hamelin (vocals, guitar, keyboards, drums); Tim Fletcher (vocals, guitar); Gregg Paquet (guitar); Oliver Crowe (bass).
- Additional personnel: Werner F (baritone guitar, programming); Liam O'Neil (keyboards).
- Recorded at The Boiler Room, Brooklyn, New York.
- Personnel: Dave Hamelin (vocals, guitar, keyboards, drums); Tim Fletcher (vocals, guitar); Werner F. (guitar, baritone guitar, drum programming); Greg Paquet (guitar); Liam O'Neil (keyboards).
- Audio Mixers: Gus Van Go; Werner F.
- Recording information: Melody Lanes, New York, NY; The Boiler Room, Brooklyn, NY.
- Illustrator: Gordon Hull.
- Photographer: Santiago Marotto.
- There's a creepy goth veneer crawling underneath Stills lead singer Tim Fletcher's vocals as he sings lines of timeless ennui such as "I'm just so bored of wasting my time/love and death are always on my mind," an undercurrent of dread not unlike Robert Smith or Morrissey coming down from a particularly potent sadness bender. Even happy-sounding titles like LOGIC WILL BREAK YOUR HEART's opening single "Still in Love Song," are portraits in lurking danger, and about-to-boil-over lust and anger. And it works; as overlapping guitars somewhere between power pop and new wave swirl around the intricate, neurotically-Nietzsche-ian lyrics, a rapture develops, as does a downpour of pitch-perfect indie pop.
Rolling Stone (11/13/03, p.97) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...[LOGIC...] is a stunner, a rush of shoegazer guitars and suave loverboy angst. They expand on the Eighties guitar-synth chemistry of bands such as the Cure or the Comsat Angels for a sound that could pass for [a] lost New Order album..."
Entertainment Weekly (10/24/03, p.104) - "...The Stills succeed at distilling their influences [the Chameleons, House of Love, and Echo and the Bunnymen] into an inviting update." - Rating: B
Q (3/04, p.112) - 4 stars out of 5 - "Singer Tim Fletcher adds his swooping voice to Dave Hamelin's songs to astonishingly moving effect."
CMJ (11/3/03, p.8) - "...Marked by enviably creative arrangements, hyper-enveloping guitar textures and some of the smoothest vocals this side of Morrissey, LOGIC WILL BREAK YOUR HEART [is] one of the defining moments of exactly what this whole new wave revival has been leading up to..."z
Mojo (Publisher) (3/04, pp.106-7) - 4 stars out of 5 - "Donnie Darko - and you - will adore them."