Holy Diver [Deluxe Edition]
Elsewhere $45.01 $39.97 Save $5.04 (11%)
Price includes NZ wide delivery!
Order now for Christmas delivery
Hurry - Only 2 left in stock!
Holy Diver, Dio's band debut, was issued in 1983. The album quickly became a favourite
among head bangers worldwide.Featuring the epic title track “Holy Diver” as well as single
“Rainbow in the Dark” and the thumping “Stand Up And Shout” the album proves Ronnie
James Dio's raw rock power was still alive after departing Black Sabbath.
This new 2CD deluxe edition comes with a live recording made at the time, 2 previously never
available on CD b-sides as well as expanded booklet with notes by Malcolm Dome.
1. Stand Up And Shout
2. Holy Diver
4. Caught In The Middle
5. Don't Talk To Strangers
6. Straight Through The Heart
8. Rainbow In The Dark
9. Shame On The Night CD2
1. Evil Eyes
2. Stand Up And Shout - Live in Holland, 1983
3. Straight Through The Heart - Live in Holland, 1983
4. Stand Up And Shout - King Biscuit Flower Hour, 1983
5. Shame On The Night - King Biscuit Flower Hour, 1983
6. Children Of The Sea - King Biscuit Flower Hour, 1983
7. Holy Diver - King Biscuit Flower Hour, 1983
8. Rainbow In The Dark - King Biscuit Flower Hour, 1983
9. Man On The Silver Mountain - King Biscuit Flower Hour, 1983
- Dio: Ronnie James Dio (vocals, keyboards); Vivian Campbell (guitar); Jimmy Bain (keyboards, bass); Vinny Appice (drums).
- Recorded at Sound City Studios, Los Angeles, California.
- Despite recording two hit studio albums with Black Sabbath (1980's HEAVEN AND HELL and 1981's THE MOB RULES) and playing throughout the world to huge crowds, Ronnie James Dio left the band in 1982-the year of his final release with Sabbath, the in-concert LIVE EVIL. As soon as the announcement of his departure was made official, Dio began to put together his first solo project. Joining him were former Rainbow bandmate Jimmy Bain on bass, former Sabbath bandmate Vinny Appice on drums, ex-Sweet Savage guitar hero Vivian Campbell, and newcomer Claude Schnell on keyboards.
- HOLY DIVER, Dio's band debut, was issued in 1983. The album quickly became a favorite among headbangers worldwide and eventually earned the group platinum certification. The somewhat upbeat sounding "Rainbow in the Dark" was an MTV favorite, while the plodding title track proved to be another standout. Other album highlights include the opening anthem "Stand Up and Shout," "Invisible," and "Don't Talk to Strangers." HOLY DIVER proved that Dio's departure from Black Sabbath had not affected his spirits. In fact, he sounds most inspired here, aided by his new, hungry backing band.
Professional ReviewsKerrang (Magazine) (p.54) - "[C]uts like the riff-tastic 'Holy Diver' still stand peerless and proud....This is a fitting tribute to the late, great man."
Q (Magazine) (p.111) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[O]ne of the finest hard rock albums of the early '80s, marrying melody to muscle..."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.124) - 4 stars out of 5 - "[O]ld-school metal at its most heroic....HOLY DIVER is a glorious triumph."
|Format:||CD (2 Disc)|
|Release Date:||12 March, 2012|