Making a Christmas album had been a dream of Scotty McCreery since he started thinking seriously about a career in music, so he knew right away what he wanted his second album to be. It’s no surprise that much of the repertoire for McCreery’s first holiday collection is drawn from the music of his youth. "Winter Wonderland" and "Let It Snow" for instance, are both drawn from vivid memories.
In May 2011, Scotty McCreery won "American Idol" at age 17, becoming the show’s first country male winner and its youngest male winner in any genre.
He recently made his first entry into the Guinness World Records Book for being the youngest male to enter the U.S. album charts at No. 1. In 2011, his debut album, Clear As Day, premiered atop the all-genre Billboard 200 albums chart and was certified platinum for sales of 1 million copies in just three months.
The album garnered the highest sales of any country solo album released last year and held the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart for six weeks.
His first two singles were certified gold and he was named New Artist of the Year at
the Academy of Country Music Awards and the American Country Awards.
- Audio Mixer: Derek Bason.
- Liner Note Author: Scotty McCreery.
- Recording information: Sound Stage Studios, Nashville, TN; Starstruck Studios, Nashville, TN.
- Photographer: Andrew Southam.
- Scotty McCreery celebrates the holidays with his 2012 seasonal set, Christmas with Scotty McCreery. Working again with producer Mark Bright, who helmed the American Idol winner's 2011 debut, McCreery sings many familiar standards on this 11-track album -- "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!," "Jingle Bells," "Winter Wonderland," "The Christmas Song," "Santa Claus Is Back in Town" -- and also finds space for the gospel "Mary Did You Know" and two new songs in "Christmas Comin' Round Again" and "Christmas in Heaven."
This title is unavailable for purchase as none of our regular suppliers have stock available. If you are the publisher, author or distributor for this item, please visit