- Audio Mixers: John Leckie; Nigel Godrich; Paul Q. Kolderie; Radiohead; Sean Slade.
- Liner Note Author: Chris Salmon.
- Photographers: Tom Sheehan ; Danny Clinch.
- Issued in 2008 by Radiohead's former label, Capitol, this compilation surveys the innovative British alternative-rock band's first six albums, ranging from 1993's formative PABLO HONEY to `03s restless HAIL TO THE THIEF. Not surprisingly, many songs on the non-chronological 16-track collection are pulled from THE BENDS and OK COMPUTER, mid-'90s records that elevated the group, first to widescreen majesty (see the expansive "High and Dry"), and then to art-rock glory (the dynamic, prog-leaning "Paranoid Android").
- Although BEST OF, which was not selected with the band's involvement, downplays Radiohead's more electronic-oriented output, featuring only two tunes from KID A (most notably, the warm, atmospheric "Everything in Its Right Place") and one from AMNESIAC, all the tracks presented are top-tier examples of Thom Yorke and company's emotive, adventurous aesthetic. While most Radiohead fans will already own all or most of these signature songs, the anthology serves as a good introduction for the uninitiated, and will likely set off further exploration into the U.K. ensemble's impressive catalogue.
Record Collector (magazine) (p.96) - 5 stars out of 5 -- "Everything they touch affects on some level....This continually knocks you sideways. Staggering..."