Part I: How and Why We Shoot the Wounded
1. Don't Shoot! I'm Already Wounded!
2. Why We Wound
3. Can a Spirit-Filled Christian Have Emotional Problems?
Part II: What Causes Emotional Illness?
4. It's Not Necessarily "All In Your Mind"
5. It's Not Necessarily "All In Your Mind," Continued
6. How Childhood Experiences and Stress Cause Emotional Illness
7. What About Personal Choice?
8. Pulling It All Together
Part III: How Shall the Wounded Be Mended?
9. The Church: Business, School or Hospital?
10. How the Strong Can Help--Not Shoot--the Wounded
11. What the Wounded Can Do While the Bullets Are Flying
Appendix: Are Drugs of the Devil or Tools for Healing?
Dwight L. Carlson, a physician and psychiatrist, lives and works in California. His many books include Living God's Will and Run and Not Be Weary.
"This clear and practical book rejects the idea that hurting people should be condemned for their pain, and it succeeds in equipping churches to provide more effective care for these people." -- Amy Simpson, Christianity Today, January / February 2013