Engineer turned salesman, Mike Adams taught himself storytelling 'on the job' while selling and managing sales teams in the United Kingdom, Russia, India, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and Australia for international corporations Schlumberger, Siemens, Nokia and Halliburton. Since 2014, Mike has been helping companies find and develop their own stories through his storytelling consulting practice. Mike is married with three sons and lives in Melbourne, Australia.
'Mike Adams has written a timelessly brilliant book for everyone
who seeks to lead, influence or sell. He makes the profoundly
simple point that "You'll sell more and you'll sell better when you
tell and share purposeful stories". Mike has real-world experience
and has himself sold more than $1 billion of business. Selling is
one of toughest professions and Mike explains exactly how "business
storytelling is the master key that unlocks all stages of the
buying and selling cycle". Masterful storytelling is how to get to
the next level of influence and success. I highly recommend this
book for anyone in leadership or sales, regardless of their level
- Tony Hughes. CEO RSVP Selling and author of The Joshua Principle and Combo Prospecting'Finally a book that calls out storytelling for its relevance, power and potential in the business world. Mike's honesty and expertise in nailing and teaching the finer points of the "perfect story" is a great guide for all levels of sales professional to hone and adapt their storytelling skills to gain relevance, credibility and significant business outcomes, as well as build better connections with customers and stakeholders..."when you listen to another's story carefully, with an open heart, the truth of the character shines through".'
- Cheryl Robertson. State Director - WA, Microsoft Australia'Mike Adams' Seven Stories Every Salesperson Must Tell is a brilliant handbook on storytelling for sales professionals that delivers the key elements missing in other works to make this highest form of selling both intuitive and actionable. Highly recommended!'
- James Muir. CEO Best Practice International'Of the thousands of sales books written every year only a few stand out as ground-breaking -- only a few will stand the test of time. Mike Adams' book Seven Stories Every Salesperson Must Tell is one of those. As the title suggests it is peppered with compelling true stories that reinforce why storytelling is an essential sales skill and why we need to prepare and practise our seven stories. And most importantly, Mike tells us how. He provides a very clear and structured approach to creating, practising and delivering our stories, each at the appropriate time in the buying journey and sales process. This book is an outstanding read and the best sales storytelling book I have read.'
- John Smibert. Founder Sales Masterminds APAC and CEO Custell Strategic Selling Group'A highly practical and engaging guide to how storytelling can create both positive customer experience AND a competitive advantage in any crowded market. We all know storytelling works. Mike has provided the best guide to how to make it work I've seen in 30 years of sales globally.'
- Dean Mannix. CEO SalesROI and SalesITV'The ability of a salesperson to tell stories is extremely powerful. Mike Adams does an excellent job of providing a framework to lead sellers to success. He discusses the key elements of stories and the importance of sharing these with prospects, rather than boring case studies and bullet points. The bottom line: stories work! Adams shows how persuasive they can be when done right.'
- Mike Shulz. President of RAIN Group and co-author of Insight Selling