Sermons Preached in the Church of the Advent, Boston, on the Day of Its Consecration and the Sunday Following, 1894
Excerpt from Sermons Preached in the Church of the Advent, Boston, on the Day of Its Consecration and the Sunday Following, 1894 The Church of the Advent was consecrated to the Service of Almighty God on Saturday the first day of December, 1894. The Rt. Rev. William Lawrence, S.T.D., the Bishop of the Diocese, performed the ceremony. There were also present the Rt. Rev. Henry A. Neely, D.D., Bishop of Maine, the Rt. Rev. C. C. Grafton, D.D., Bishop of Fond duLac, and a number of the Clergy of the Diocese as well as visiting Clergy from beyond its borders. The Instrument of Donation was read by Robert Codman, Esq., Senior Warden of the Parish, and the Sentence of Consecration by the Rector, the Rev. William B. Frisby. After the Office of Consecration, Morning Prayer was said by the Rector, the Rev. Chas. L. Hutchins, D.D., Secretary of the House of Clerical and Lay Deputies of the General Convention, reading the First Lesson, and the Rev. George S. Converse, D.D., President of the Standing Committee of the Diocese, the Second Lesson. The Rt. Rev. the Bishop of the Diocese celebrated the Holy Communion, the Rt. Rev. the Bishop of Fond du Lac reading the Epistle, and the Rt. Rev. the Bishop of Maine the Gospel. The sermon was preached by the Rt. Rev. the Bishop of Fond du Lac. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.