How to make your senior years healthy, safe, social, and stimulating.
Foreword by Patch Adams,M.D
Introduction Part One: Introducing Senior Cohousing
1. Taking Charge of the Rest of Your Life
2. Cohousing: An Old Idea-A Contemporary Approach
3. Senior Cohousing: A Proven Approach-A New Application Part Two: Senior Cohousing in Denmark : An Inside Look
4. Munksogard: Strong Roots in Fertile Soil
5. Other Danish Senior Cohousing Communities: Otium,Gimle,Mariendalsvej, Korvetten Part Three: Creating a Senior Cohousing Community
6. Feasibility: DoWe Have a Project?
7. Study Group I: Aging Successfully/Aging in Place
8. Study Group II: The Participatory Design Process
9. Study Group III: Policy Part Four: The First Wave - Pioneering Senior Cohousing in America: The Beginnings of an American Movement
10.The First Wave
11.Where Do We Go From Here? Appendix A: Anne Glass: Research-Based Results,"Why Aging in Community?"
Appendix B: Frequently Asked Questions
Appendix C: Economic Structures
Appendix D: Universal Design Selected Bibliography
About the Author
Charles Durrett is the principal at McCamant & Durrett, a firm that specializes in affordable and community-based multi-family housing and cohousing. He has consulted on or designed over fifty cohousing communities internationally and lives in Nevada City, California. He co-authored the groundbreaking Cohousing with his wife and business partner Kathryn McCamant.