Dr Ruby Campbell began her career as a research scientist, moving within the corporate world to become an international senior executive in the pharmaceutical industry, an Adjunct Professor at the UNSW School of Business, and for the past 10 years as the founder and Managing Director of ProVeritas Group, which specialises in leadership & learning solutions. With four degrees, including a Masters in Coaching Psychology and an MBA (Executive), and a PhD in Science, Dr Campbell helps create the right leaders and organisations for the 21st Century. With a Puerto Rican and Italian heritage, having a New Zealand husband and now living and working in Australia, Dr Campbell is representative of today's highly complex, globalised and interconnected world, giving her a unique perspective on leadership challenges within business and science. Dr Campbell is married with a son and lives in Turramurra, New South Wales.
"Now more than ever does business need rigorous, evidence-based
thinking to guide them and society through the crisis of
ideologically driven drivel that passes for much political and
economic thinking from our supposed leaders. In an accessible,
informed fashion, this book with help business do just that. Highly
- Professor Anthony M Grant, Director, Coaching Psychology Unit, University of Sydney"This is an important, practical book and one that I would recommend every board puts on its reading list. Fake news is not just confined to the political daily news. Counter-factual information (counter-knowledge) in organisations causes immense damage, results in bad decisions, is costly, and is more common than many organisations would wish to admit. Ruby Campbell's call for greater evidence-based practice is not only timely but one that needs to be taken seriously in all organisations. The lessons and techniques contained in this book should be written on every organisation's walls."
- David Wilkinson, Chief Editor, The Oxford Review"To secure Australia's health and economy into the future, the leadership of women and men in STEMM is vital. Scientists in Every Boardroom provides much-needed inspiration for all professionals working in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine."
- Rozalina Schulze, Founder and CEO, Health Industry Hub"The need for systemic thinking and leadership to address the world's 'wicked' problems has never been greater. Ruby Campbell has hit the proverbial 'nail on the head' declining trust in traditional institutions, a world crying out for rational and ethical leadership and an impending tidal wave ready to sweep us away if we don't change. More than that, however, Ruby has set out a cohesive and readily understood way to address the issues. This book is an investment well worth making!"
- Chris Whelan, Director, The Transformation Initiative"Such an insightful read into what leadership needs to evolve into. Covering multiple and often forgotten elements of what it will take to be a successful leader for the future, this book clearly details the logical steps to transition into one while providing scientific evidence and data in an easy-to-read format to support the concepts. This book is a must-read for anyone looking to make a genuine difference moving forwards."
- John Poulter, Director, Comstor Australia"As Dr Ruby Campbell says, 'the world urgently needs more critical thinking'. This book goes beyond talking about what will drive a profit for business but considers the type of leaders needed to deliver better outcomes for humans on this Earth. Both inspirational and useful, Ruby's thinking will help individuals, organisations and nations achieve better results, for this and future generations, through a new wave of leadership."
- Jen Marshall, Chief Product Officer, Isentia Australi