1. Discovering the Context of the Text
2. Listening to the Story in the Text
3. Discerning the Interests of the Text
4. Examining History in the Text
5. Examining the Shape of History in the Text
Conclusion: Toward a Definition of Biblical Historiography
Patricia Dutcher-Walls (ThD, Graduate Theological Union) is professor of Hebrew scripture at Vancouver School of Theology, where she also gives administrative oversight to the school's doctoral programs and serves as dean of studies and director of the library. She is the author of several books and a web-based Bible study curriculum. Ordained by the United Presbyterian Church (USA), she now serves as a minister in the Presbyterian Church in Canada.