Introduction. The Populist Option.
1. Preliminary Elements of the Concept of Populism.
Part One: Theorist
2. Gino Germani: National-populism and Modernization
3. Edward Shils: Public Sphere and Populism in the USA.
4. Ghita Ionescu and Ernest Gellner; the Foundation of Studies on Populism
5.Margaret Canovan and the Shadow of Democracy.
6. Laclau: The Construction of the Political
7. Meny and Surel: Sovereignty, Constitution and the People.
8. The Recent Debate
Part Two: Major Cases
9. Russian Populism
10. Peron and Peronism
11. Left-Turn and neo- populisms in Latin America
12. Italian Neo-populism
Part Three: Other Typologies and Other Problems
13. Penal Populism
14. Cultural Populism
16. Constitutional Populism
17. How to Study Populism: Analytical Prospects for Social Researchs
18. Concluding remarks. Democracy and Populism: Which Perspectives?
Manuel Anselmi is an Assistant Professor of Political Sociology at University of Perugia, Italy.