1. On Essays
2. Style and Voice in Academic Writing
3. The Essay Writing Process
4. Paragraphs - The Building Blocks of Essays
5. Summary Skills
6. Editing Skills or, Adventures in Densely-Packed Sentences
7. References and Bibliographies.
Appendix: David Lodge (1990) Composition, Distribution, Arrangement: Form and Structure in Jane Austen s Novels .
This practical book demystifies the processes of academic writing through careful explanation and a series of engaging and practical examples.
Anna Snaith, Lecturer in English, Anglia Polytechnic University
Rick Rylance, Professor of Modern English Literature, Anglia Polytechnic University