1. The Religions of Socialism: Answering the Labour Question
2. John Trevor: Prophet of Theological Socialism
3. Theological Socialism: Gospel of the Labour Church
4. The Theological Socialists: Labour Church Disciples
5. Forgotten Histories of the Labour Church (post-1914)
Appendix 1 - a written reconstruction of the first Labour Church service
Appendix 2 - D. F. Summers' reconstruction of a Labour Church service
Neil Johnson was born and raised in the North East of England; for the past 20 years he has lived with his family in Birmingham where he serves as a Methodist minister. He was awarded his PhD at the University of Birmingham in 2015, having been supervised through his research on the Labour Church movement by Professor Hugh McLeod. In 2017, he became an Honorary Research Fellow of the Queen's Foundation, Birmingham.
'I mistakenly began Johnson's book expecting it would be a general
history of this duality in the journey of the party - however, the
first half is a detailed account of a small forgotten by-way off
the main highway - one which I found fascinating...Johnson's book
is both a tribute to Trevor, an interesting account of his life and
work and an analysis of the continuing interweaving strands of
faith and political struggle.'
Linda Shampan,Labour Heritage Bulletin, Autumn 2018.