1. Fire safety foundations
2. Safety policy
3. Organising for safety
4. Safety culture
5. Principles of risk assessment
6. General principles of control
7. Principles of fire and explosion
8. Causes and prevention of fire
9. Fire protection in buildings
10. Safety of people in the event of a fire
11. Monitoring, auditing and reviewing fire safety systems
12. Reactive monitoring - reporting, recording and investigation
13. Environmental impact of fire
14. Fire risk assessment
15. Summary of key legal requirements
Andrew Furness CFIOSH, GIFireE, Dip2OSH, MIIRSM, MRSH, is Managing Director of Salvus Consulting Limited who specialise in Fire Safety. He was the chairman of the NEBOSH/IOSH working party that developed the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management certificate. Martin Muckett MA, MBA, CMIOSH, MIFireE, Dip2OSH, former Principal Health and Safety Advisor to The Fire Service Inspectorate and Principal Fire Safety Officer, Martin is currently Salvus Consulting Limited's Senior Fire Safety Trainer / Consultant.
"a first-class introduction ... the market leader in the principle
and practice of fire management ... highly recommended for its
coverage, quality of writing, and ease of understanding."
- Review in SAFETY & HEALTH PRACTITIONER, July 2008
"straightforward, with easy-to-follow arguments and advice ... I have no hesitation in recommending this book to all who have a responsibility for ensuring the safety of others from fire."
- Review in HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK MAGAZINE, August 2008