1. Halloween: How It Came into the World
2. The Haunting of Haddonfield
3. 'Black Cats and Goblins on Halloween Night': Halloween and Halloween
4. Parenthood, Adolescence and Childhood Under the Knife
5. A Very Sinister Doctor and a Cosmic Monster
Conclusion: 'Purely and Simply Evil'
Murray Leeder holds a Ph.D. in Cultural Mediations from Carleton University and currently lectures at the University of Manitoba. He is the author of numerous articles in academic journals, including studies of such horror films as The Legend of Hell House (1973), The Fog (1980), Poltergeist (1982), Fright Night (1985), Ghostwatch (1992) and Stir of Echoes (1999). He is also the author of the novels Son of Thunder (2006) and Plague of Ice (2003), as well as more than twenty short stories.