Preface to Third Edition.
Preface to Second Edition.
Preface to First Edition.
1. Functional Neuroanatomy of the Brain.
2. Basic Aspects of Neurotransmitter Function.
3. Pharmacokinetic Aspects of Psychopharmacology.
4. Clinical Trials and Their Importance in Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Psychotropic Drugs.
5. Molecular Genetics and Psychopharmacology.
6. Psychotropic Drugs that Modify the Serotonergic Systems.
7. Drug Treatment of Depression.
8. Drug Treatment of Mania.
9. Anxiolytics and the Treatment of Anxiety Disorders.
10. Drug Treatment of Insomnia.
11. Drug Treatment of Schizophrenia and the Psychoses.
12. Drug Treatment of the Epilepsies.
13. Drug Treatment of Parkinson's Disease.
14. Alzheimer's Disease and Stroke: Possible Biochemical Causes and Treatment Strategies.
15. Psychopharmacology of Drugs of Abuse.
16. Paediatric Psychopharmacology.
17. Geriatric Psychopharmacology.
18. The Inter-relationship Between Psychopharmacology and Psychoneuroimmunology.
19. Endocoids and Their Importance in Psychopharmacology.
Appendix 1: Some Important Psychotropic Drug Interactions.
Appendix 2: Glossary of Some Common Terms Used in Psychopharmacology.
Appendix 3: Generic and Proprietary Names of Some Common Psychotropic Drugs.
Appendix 4: Key References for Further Reading.
Brian E. Leonard is the President Elect of the Collegium Internationale Neuro-Psychopharmacologium (CINP) and currently visiting professor in the Brain and Behaviour Research Institute of the University of Maastricht, The Netherlands.
"...one of the best in the area of psychopharmacology...well written, concise and easy to understand with clear and informative figures and tables...highly recommended. (Human Psychopharmacology, Vol.20, No.1, January 2005)