Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Math Workbook (Includes Repeating Decimals) : Improve Your Math Fluency Series
: Chris McMullen earned his Ph.D. in physics from Oklahoma State University and currently teaches physics at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He developed the Improve Your Math Fluency
series of workbooks to help students become more fluent in basic math skills.
: This is a practice workbook geared toward practicing problem-solving skills. As such, it consists of worksheets with practice problems in the spirit of old-fashioned practice sheets. This is suitable for students who need to practice basic skills, and is effective for many students. It is not one of the modern math textbooks that are designed to entertain bored students.
: The book begins with a concise explanation of the concepts with some examples to serve as a guide.
: An answer section at the back provides a complete answer key. It's important for students to practice solving problems correctly, otherwise they will practice their mistakes. Students, parents, or teachers should use the answer key to help students check their answers.
: This practice book is designed to help students develop proficiency in their conversions between fractions, decimals, and percentages by offering ample practice. This book is conveniently divided up into five parts such that students can focus on one arithmetic operation at a time:
- Converting from fractions to decimals and percents.
- Converting from decimals to fractions and percents.
- Converting from percents to fractions and decimals.
- Converting fractions into repeating decimals and percents.
- Converting repeating decimals into fractions and percents.
- This helps students develop confidence and ensures that students practice correct techniques, rather than practice making mistakes.
- An introduction describes how parents and teachers can help students make the most of this workbook.
: The copyright notice permits parents/teachers who purchase one copy or borrow one copy from a library to make photocopies for their own children/students only. This is very convenient if you have multiple children/students or if a child/student needs additional practice.
: Kids are encouraged to time and score each page. In this way, they can try to have fun improving on their records, which can help lend them confidence in their math skills