Introduction (Mabel-Ann Brown & John White)
1.What is Childhood?
2.Education in Flanders (Bart Hempen and Michele Vanleke)
3. Education in the Czech Republic (Jana Kantorova and Pavla Vyhnalkova)
4. Education in England (Jon White)
5. Education in Finland
6. Education in Greece (Dr. Penelope Louka and Dr. Angeliki Papangeli)
7. Education in Japan (Yukari Iguchi)
8. Education in Latvia (Dr. Mara Dirba)
9. Education in the Netherlands (Dr. Jan Dekker)
10. Education in Australia and New Zealand (Dr. Simon Brownhill)
11. Education in Poland (Anita Gulcynska)
12. Education in Rural South Africa (Chris Bryan)
13. Education in America: No Child Left Behind (Michelle Appleby)
These chapters will be edited to bring them into a comparable format:-
Mabel Ann Brown is Senior Lecturer on the Foundation Degree in Children's and Young People's Services and the BA Child and Youth Studies at the University of Derby, UK. Jon White is Senior Lecturer in BA Early Childhood/Education Studies and MA Education at the University of Derby, UK.