1. Introduction, Hornyak & Baker.
PART I. BULIMIA NERVOSA.
2. Reclaiming the Body: Using Guided Imagery in the Treatment of Body Image Disturbance among Bulimic Women, Kearney-Cooke.
3. Hypnosis, Hypnotizability, and the Bulimic Patient, Pettinati, Kogan, Margolis, Shrier, & Wade.
4. The Use of In-session Structured Eating in the Outpatient Treatment of Bulimia Nervosa, Hoage.
5. Family Sculpting with Bulimic Families, Root.
6. Psychodrama and the Treatment of Bulimia, Callahan.
7. Dance/Movement Therapy with Bulimic Patients, Stark, Aronow, & McGeehan.
8. Art Therapy in the Long-term Psychodynamic Treatment of Bulimic Women, Morenoff & Sobol.
9. Music Therapy Improvisation Techniques with Bulimic Patients, Nolan.
PART II. ANOREXIA NERVOSA
10. The use of Metaphor/Poetry Therapy in the Treatment of the Reticent Subgroup of Anorectic Patients, Woodall & Andersen.
11. Structured Eating Experiences in the Inpatient Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa, Sparnon & Hornyak.
12. Anorexia Nervosa: Experiencing the Self through Psychodrama and Gestalt Therapy, Hudgins.
13. Disturbed Body Image in Anorexia Nervosa: Dance/Movement Therapy Interventions, Rice, Hardenbergh, & Hornyak.
14. Art Therapy and Anorexia: Experiencing the Authentic Self, Fleming.
15. Music as a Therapeutic Tool in Treating Anorexia Nervosa, Parente.
Provides practitioners with a wealth of ideas on how to
work with eating-disordered patients by doing, rather than by just
- Contemporary Psychology