Introduction: What Is Christology? Why Does It Matter?
Part 1: Christ in Biblical Testimonies: Diversity in Unity
1. The Gospel Silhouettes of Jesus
2. Pauline Interpretations of Christ
Part 2: Christ in Christian Tradition: Unity in Diversity
3. The Patristic and Creedal Establishment of "Orthodoxy"
4. Modern Christologies: The Quests of (the Historical) Jesus
Part 3: Christ in the Contemporary World: Diversity and Unity
5. European-American Christologies
6. Christologies from the Global South
7. "Contextual" Christologies in the Global North
Part 4: Jesus Christ among Religions: Diversity without Unity
8. Jesus among Abrahamic Traditions
9. Jesus among Asian Traditions
Epilogue: The Future of Christology
Veli-Matti Karkkainen (DrTheol, University of Helsinki) is professor of systematic theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. He is also docent of ecumenics at the University of Helsinki and the author of numerous books, including Pneumatology and The Doctrine of God.