Part I: The China Study
1. Problems We Face, Solutions We Need
2. A House of Proteins
3. Turning Off Cancer
4. Lessons from China
Part II: Diseases of Affluence
5. Broken Hearts
8. Common Cancers: Breast, Prostate, Large Bowel (Colon and Rectal)
9. Autoimmune Diseases
10. Wide-Ranging Effects: Bone, Kidney, Eye and Brain Diseases
Part III: The Good Nutrition Guide
11. Eating Right: Eight Principles of Food and Health
12. How to Eat
Part IV: Why Haven't You Heard This Before?
13. Science The Dark Side
14. Scientific Reductionism
15. The "Science" of Industry
16. Government: Is It for the People?
17. Big Medicine: Whose Health Are They Protecting?
19. Repeating Histories
Appendix A. Q&A: Protein Effect in Experimental Rat Studies
Appendix B. Experimental Design of the China Study
Appendix C. The "Vitamin" D Connection
For more than 40 years, T. Colin Campbell, PhD,
has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the
China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and
nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman
Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell
University. He has received more than 70 grant years of
peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research
papers. The China Study was the culmination of a 20-year
partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the
Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.
A 1999 graduate of Cornell University and recipient of a medical degree in 2010, Thomas M. Campbell II, MD, is a writer, actor and five-time marathon runner.