1. Running a room
2. Dissecting a lesson: visuals
3. Dissecting a lesson: using written texts
4. Dissecting a lesson: task-based lessons
5. Enjoying sounds
6. Purposeful games
7. Getting grammatical
8. Words and chunks
9. Dissecting a lesson: speaking
10. Dissecting a lesson: writing
11. Teaching all abilities
12. Pace, questioning and other interactions
13. Moving them forwards
14. What makes an outstanding language teacher?
Steve Smith taught languages for over 30 years and is former Head of Modern Languages at Ripon Grammar School, UK. He now writes and presents for the AQA examination board in England and works with both trainee teachers and authors through frenchteacher.net, an online teaching resource which is widely used around the world. He is also author of Language Teacher Toolkit, a popular blog about language teaching methodology (frenchteachernet.blogspot.co.uk).