Advanced Practice Nursing
Table of Contents
- I. The Evolution of Advanced Practice
- 1. Advanced Practice Nursing: Doing What Has to Be
Done-Radicals, Renegades, and Rebels (Lynne M. Dunphy)
- 2. Emerging Roles of the Advanced Practice Nurse (Deborah
Becker & Caroline Doherty)
- 3. Role Development: A Theoretical Perspective (Lucille A.
- 4. Educational Preparation of Advanced Practice Nurses: Looking
to the Future (Phyllis Shanley Hansell)
- 5. Global Perspectives on Advanced Nursing Practice by (Madrean
Schober & Anna Green)
- II. The Practice Environment
- 6. Advanced Practice Nurses and Prescriptive Authority (Jan
- 7. Credentialing and Clinical Privileges for the Advanced
Practice Registered Nurse (Ann Carey & Mary Smolenski)
- 8. The Kaleidoscope of Collaborative Practice (Alice F.
- 9. Participation of the Advanced Practice Nurse in Health Plans
and Quality Initiatives (Rita Munley Gallagher)
- 10. Public Policy and the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
(Marie Eileen Onieal)
- 11. Resource Management (Eileen D. Flaherty, Antigone Grasso, &
- 12. Mediated Roles: Working With and Through Other People by
(Thomas D. Smith, Maria L. Vezina, Mary E. Samost, & Kelly
- III. Competency in Advanced Practice
- 13. Evidence-Based Practice (Deborah C. Messecar & Christine A.
- 14. Advocacy and the Advanced Practice Nurse (Andrea
- 15. Case Management and Advanced Practice Nursing (Denise
Fessler & Irene McEachen)
- 16. The Advanced Practice Nurse and Research (Beth Quatrara and
- 17. The Advanced Practice Nurse: Holism and Complementary and
Integrative Health Approaches (Carole Ann Drick)
- 18. Basic Skills for Teaching and the Advanced Practice Nurse
(Valerie Sabol, Benjamin A. Smallheer, & Marilyn H. Oermann)
- 19. Culture as a Variable in Practice (Mary Masterson
- 20. Conflict Resolution in Advanced Practice Nursing (David M.
Price & Patricia Murphy)
- 21. Leadership for APNs: If Not Now, When? (Edna Cadmus)
- 22. Information Technology and the Advanced Practice Nurse by
- 23. Writing for Publication (Shirley Smoyak)
- IV. Ethical, Legal and Business Acumen
- 24. Measuring Advanced Practice Nurse Performance: Outcome
Indicators, Models of Evaluation and the Issue of Value (Shirley
Girouard, Patricia DiFusco, and Joseph Jennas)
- 25. Advanced Practice Registered Nurses: Accomplishments,
Trends, and Future Development (Jane M. Flanagan, Allyssa Harris, &
Dorothy A. Jones)
- 26. Starting a Practice and Practice Management (Judith
- 27. The Advanced Practice Nurse as Employee or Independent
Contractor: Legal and Contractual Considerations (Kathleen M.
- 28. The Law, The Courts, and the Advanced Practice Registered
Nurse (David M. Keepnews)
- 29. Malpractice and the Advanced Practice Nurse (Carolyn T.
- 30. Ethics and the Advanced Practice Nurse (Gladys L. Husted,
James H. Husted, & Carrie Scotto)
Ask a Question About this Product More...
This title is unavailable for purchase as none of our regular suppliers have stock available. If you are the publisher, author or distributor for this item, please visit
Item ships from and is sold by Fishpond World Ltd.