Diversity initiatives are failing to reach the highest levels. Two experts from top global consulting firm Korn Ferry offer a tested, research-based model of what leaders must do to create truly inclusive organizations.
Build interpersonal trust
"Becoming a more inclusive organization starts with asking hard,
honest questions AND with developing more inclusive leaders. With
The 5 Disciplines, Andres and Alina provide a powerful guide to the
journey all of us need to keep progressing on to more effectively
lead in a "Diversity of One" world!"
-Frank M. Ravndal, CEO, The HAVI Group
"A must read for executives in any organization seeking to
develop leaders who are able to optimize people strategies along
with business imperatives for optimum success. Building on Korn
Ferry's deep and wide research validating the inclusive leader
model Tapia and Polonskaia enhance it with practical case studies
illustrating each of the inclusive leader competencies. This book
will dramatically change how we look at leadership competencies in
today's diverse and complex global economy."
- Rohini Anand, SVP Corporate Responsibility and Global Chief Diversity, Sodexo Group "What we know or think we know about inclusion is ambiguous yet consultants continue to promote clear-cut and easy to implement action plans. The result: disappointing progress and frustrated leaders. This book offers a much-needed, evidence-based approach for moving forward, one that builds on both the research, and deep insight about leadership competencies. Kudos to Andres and Alina."
- Corbette Doyle, PhD, Senior Lecturer in Organizational Leadership, Department of Leadership, Policy, and Organizations, Vanderbilt University
"As a diversity and inclusion leader, I walked away with increased knowledge about the growing trends in the industry and new language that will help me in my day to day work. The examples shared throughout the book brought those complex topics to life and provided me with an expanded viewpoint on different approaches to the work. An easy read on complex topics."
- Corliss V. Garner, SVP and Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity and Inclusion, First Midwest Bank
"Study after study show that organizations that embrace both diversity and inclusion are more successful and sustainable. Tapia and Polonskaia understand that an organization's commitment to D&I starts at the top. This book is the perfect primer for anyone looking to engage, develop, and inspire the next wave of inclusive leaders, and a wonderful window into how those efforts can spur innovation and bring about transformative changes in the modern workplace."
- Raquel Tamez, CEO, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
"One of the key challenges for modern businesses is managing diversity to achieve optimal performance outcomes. The book will be key reading for 21st century business leaders hoping to transform their organizations by unleashing the talent of all their people."
- Sukhvinder Obhi, PhD., Professor, Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour, McMaster University