This item is unavailable.
We will email you if this item comes back into stock.
'Improvisation', Gjon Mili & Norman Granz's legendary 1950 Jazz film is
finally presented here in it's complete and final form, including additional
camera angles and never before seen rushes.
Also featured are the photographs taken on set by Mili's assiant Paul Nodler,
interviews about Charlie Parker and the sessions, a gallery of David Stone
Martin's drawings, introductions by Nat Hentoff and the complete Oscar nominated
1944 short film 'Jammin' The Blues' (Granz & Mili's first cinematic collaboration).
'Improvisation' features performances by Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke
Ellington and many more.
1. Presentation by Nat Hentoff Mili's Studio Sequence 1950
2. Opening Title
5. Ad Lib
6. Pennies From Heaven
7. Blues For Greasy Duke Ellington At The Cote D'Azur
8. Blues For Joan Miro
Count Basie At Montreux Jazz Festival 1977
9. Nob's Blues
10. Kidney Stew
11.These Foolish Things
Joe Pass 1979
12.. Ain't Misbehavin'
13. Prelude To A Kiss
Ella Fitzgerald 1979
14. Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me
15. Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
Oscar Peterson At Montreux Jazz Festival 1977
16. Ali & Frazier
1. Extra Rushes
2. Interviews About The Mili Session
3. Interviews About Charlie Parker
4. Movie - The Original 1944 Film 'Jammin' The Blues'
5. Text/Photo Galleries:
6. Photo Gallery
7. Paul Nodler's Pictures Of The Mili Session
|Release Date:||26 July, 2010|
Tell a friend
Review this Product
This title is unavailable for purchase as none of our regular suppliers have stock available. If you are the publisher, author or distributor for this item, please visit this link