Raising Happy Children For Dummies
This item is unavailable.
We will email you if this item comes back into stock.
|Format:||eBook (Glassbook), 378 pages, 1st Edition|
|Published In: ||United States, 30 April 2007|
Every parent would like to have a happy, well- behaved child – but every parent also knows this is not often a reality! Raising Happy Children For Dummies
helps you better understand your children – from toddler to teen, boys and girls – and is packed with practical tips from an experienced parenting coach to improve your parenting, your child’s happiness and as a result, their behaviour.
The book helps you explore your own parenting skills, helps you to define what changes you may need to make and provides advice on how to implement new parenting habits to improve you and your family’s relationships. Covering both day-to-day parenting and offering extra advice on how to help your children deal with life’s tougher challenges, this is a down to earth guide from a parenting coach and mother of two, Sue Atkins.
Raising Happy Children for Dummies will include:
- How this book can help your parenting
- Knowing what kind of parent you are
- Stepping stones to actually understanding the kids
- Begin with the end in mind
- Effective and successful communication
- Common sense ways to parent
- Coping yourself with Life’s ups and downs
- Down to earth practical discipline
- Using different strategies for different ages
- Handling conflict and gaining co-operation
- Coping with School
- Helping your child cope with individual problems
- Helping your child cope with bigger issues
- Unique and special
- Twins, triplets and multiple births
- Ten Positive Parenting Principles to live by
- Ten things to build a happy home
- Ten Things to Do When It All Goes Pear Shaped
- Ten great resources for parents
About the Author
Sue Atkins is a parenting coach, former deputy head-teacher, and mother of two. She is a licensed NLP Master Practitioner and the founder of Positive Parents - Confident Kids Coaching.
"the 'handbook' that every parent needs." ("Weybridge, Cobham, Esher and Walton & Hersham News & Mail", Wednesday 23rd May 2007)
."..the lay-out makes it an easy reference betwixt multi-tasks but also because it is scarily logical..." ("Families South East Magazine", June/July 2007)
"[an] outstanding book...goes straight to the heart of what our children need from us." ("Best", Tuesday 30th October 2007)
|Publisher: ||For Dummies|